You Don’t Know Jack also refuses his service simply because of the incompatible installation routine with 64-bit systems. With the following instructions You Don’t Know Jack works fine on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and even Windows 10!
These instructions are based on the German version of You Dont Know Jack. I really hope they’re are universally valid!
- First download the following patch: You Don’t Know Jack: Windows 7 Patch
- Then copy the „You Don’t Know Jack“ folder, contained in the archive, into your games directory. For example C: \Games\.
- Now unpack the „ydkj_registry“, right-click on this file and in the context menu that appears, click on „edit“.
- Between two quotes stands, unmistakably, „YOUR DIRECTORY“. Replace this text with the directory where you unpacked the You Don’t Know Jack folder from the second step. For example C: \Games\You Don’t Know Jack.
- Save this file now and double-click it to execute the changes in the Windows registry. Of course, nothing is changed in your system files!
- Put your CD in the drive and start the game from the game directory „ydkj32. exe“. Have fun!
These instructions are only intended for 64-bit systems. The game should be unrestrictedly playable under the 32-bit architectures of the respective Windows versions!